An authoritative and prestigious atlas with detailed mapping and geographical information about Britain. England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are given comprehensive coverage along with every county.
Fully up-to-date reference maps, statistics, images and historical mapping give an exceptionally detailed view of Britain. A brand new atlas in the Times range covering the whole of Great Britain.
The following features are included in this unique atlas
· 160 pages of Times reference mapping
· 17 city centre maps
· 450 photographs
· 90 historical maps
· 100,000 words of text
Pages on each county contain the following:
· At a glance statistics
· Modern map in times mapping style
· Historical map of county from the Bartholomew archive
· Fascinating descriptions from John Bartholomew's "Gazetteer of the British Isles" 1887
· List of well known people born in the county
· Quote from famous people about the county